Write about FIVE blessings in your life.
- My family. The one I was born into, the one I married into, and the one I’ve created with my husband. I’ve got a wonderful group of God-loving humans around me.
- Health. Every day I wake up to a world where my husband, kids, and I don’t have to deal with a debilitating chronic illness… I am grateful. And if the day comes where we do battle an ongoing illness, I pray we will face it with as much gratitude and grace as I’ve witnessed in others.
- Jobs. Over the last year… I’ve been extra aware and grateful… that my husband had the job he had when the world shut down. I know there were many people who weren’t able to work from home… or had to face challenges of their business closing down permanently. I am also glad I had the work experience and a close friend with connections, so that I could re-enter the field of education. There were still obstacles to overcome… but NOT having jobs and worrying about finances, was not one of them.
- Friends. I am fortunate to have wonderful friends, from all kinds of backgrounds, all over the world. I am grateful for the friends who chose to include my family in Christmas card mailings, who send random text messages to say hi, or send birthday party invites… etc. I’m grateful for Facebook making it SO MUCH EASIER to stay in touch, even if not actively. I’m grateful for the bestest Bestie in the world who loves me and my family in SO many ways!
- Our home. I am so grateful for the home we bought over 13 years ago… that it was big enough for us to grow into. I’m glad for the protection against all of the different kinds of weather… that our neighborhood is safe… that we get along with our neighbors… that we have a good sized yard to play in, with green grass and mature trees… and that we have an air conditioner.